The Property Owner (”Owner” or ‘we’ or ‘us’) and the tenant (“you” or “your”). The Owner hereby agrees to let the property to you on the following terms and conditions:
1. ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE TIMES Unless stated, only Saturday to Saturday bookings are accepted. You must ensure that you do not arrive at the property until after 4pm on the day of arrival and you must depart before 10am on the day of departure.
CLEANING You must leave the property in the same state of cleanliness as you found it on arrival. You must also remove all rubbish and rubbish sacks from the property regularly throughout your stay and on departure. If you fail to do so, the Owner will deduct a charge from your security deposit for any necessary additional cleaning and rubbish removal (see clause 4 below) at the rates of 15 Euros per hour if not arranged in advance + €5 Euros per sack or similar of rubbish disposal. If you give sufficient notice in advance (usually no later than 7 days before your departure from the property) additional final cleaning by the Owner or property Manager (where applicable) can usually be arranged at a rate per hour agreed with and payable direct to the Owner (or Manager).
3. COMPLAINTS If you have any complaints concerning the property or your holiday, you must inform the Owner or Manager immediately (within 24 hours) allowing the complaint to be corrected at the earliest opportunity and in any event in writing within 28 days of the end of the tenancy. Regretfully no liability can be accepted if the Owner, or Manager are not so notified.
4. DAMAGE You will be required to pay a security deposit at the same time as the balance of the Rental is due. This is refundable in whole or in part (normally within 14 days after the property has been checked). All breakages, losses or damage and extra costs or charges will be deducted from the security deposit. Should the security deposit be insufficient to meet such costs or liabilities, an additional amount is payable by the person signing the booking form. The Owner reserves the right to pursue you for such amounts.
5. INSURANCE AND TRAVEL DOCUMENTS You must arrange full travel/holiday Insurance including cover for cancellations, accidents & ill-health. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance you purchase is adequate and appropriate for your particular needs. Please read your policy details on receipt and take them with you on holiday. It is your responsibility to ensure you carry the correct documentation and comply with any applicable passport, health and visa requirements for your holiday. Requirements may change and you are therefore strongly recommended to check the up to date position with the Passport Office, appropriate embassy or consulate as applicable, in good time before departure.
6. HOW TO BOOK You must submit a completed Booking Form together with a deposit of 25% of the Rental cost or 100% if booking within 8 weeks of the start of your arrival date at the property. Subject to availability, the owner will then confirm your booking to you. A final Invoice will be issued and this will show the balance, which is payable in cleared funds 8 weeks before your holiday starts. If the owner does not receive all amounts due in full and on time, we, have the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you. In this case, all monies (excluding any security deposit) paid and/or due at that time will be retained by/must be paid to us. We may however refund such monies if an alternative letting is achieved for the property, taking account of any loss incurred.
7. PRICES Rental prices may increase/decrease at any time but not after your booking has been confirmed. Payments by Bank transfer (or sterling cheque by arrangement) are normally accepted in £ Sterling. Payment can be accepted in euros at an exchange rate to be agreed at the time of booking. Prices include gas, electricity and water, the use of the property and contents, its swimming pool and grounds. Heating, (extra gas, electricity and wood) will be charged extra as appropriate. A telephone is available for local and emergency calls. Mobile phones are unreliable in the region. Internet connection is available, however the owners are not liable for any loss or interruption of internet or telephone service. Please note, changes & errors occasionally occur. At the time of booking & on receipt of your confirmation, invoice and directions to the property, you must check all the details of your holiday.
8. CANCELLATION by the Owner. Should the Owner have to make a significant change to or cancel your holiday for any reason, you have the option of accepting the change, or cancelling your booking and receiving a full refund of all monies paid. Cancellation by you. If you cancel your booking within 12 weeks of your holiday, a cancellation charge of 100% (if more than 12 weeks 25%) of the total Rental cost will be payable by you. However, should the Owner manage to re-let the Property for the same period you had booked, the Owner will refund all monies you have paid except that the Owner shall be entitled to retain from the monies you have paid (or pursue you for if you have not yet paid) the difference between the amount received from the new tenant (if less than that paid or payable by you) and the amount payable by you for the original booking.
9. LINEN Linen will be provided at the beginning of your holiday and includes sheets, duvet covers, pillow cases, bath towels, hand towels, bath mats & kitchen towels. Swimming pool towels are provided though Cot linen, for legal reasons, is NOT supplied. Pillows, duvets or blankets are supplied.
10. SWIMMING POOL The Swimming Pool will normally be available in mid, high and peak seasons, however this cannot be guaranteed. Please ask, when booking, for details. There will be an additional charge for heating the pool in mid season, please discuss your requirements with the owner. Diving is not permitted. French law requires pool safety measures but specifically states that parents/adults are primarily responsible for the safety of children and does not negate parental responsibility. It is hereby agreed that children will be supervised by responsible adults at all times particularly whilst children are in or near Swimming Pools. Tenants must not override pool safety measures. The pool security cover must be correctly closed when the pool is not being monitored by a responsible adult.
11. LOCAL CONDITIONS The property is a rural country property. Tenants must expect the presence of animals, birds, insects and suchlike. In certain weather conditions/seasons these may be heard or seen in the house. There is little that can be done during the letting season to resolve such nuisance/inconvenience and must be accepted by tenants as an inherent part of rural life.
12.RIGHT OF ENTRY The Owner or Manager reserves the right to enter the property at reasonable times to carry out both emergency repairs and normal maintenance including gardening, work to swimming pools etc.
13.BEHAVIOUR The Owner reserves the right to take any appropriate action, including immediate termination of the tenancy (when no refunds will be made and the Owner will have no further liability to you) if any property including the pool and its grounds are abused or misused or if the number of persons staying at the property exceeds the number stated on your booking form. A new law requires pool safety measures but specifically states that parents are primarily responsible for the safety of children and does not negate parental responsibility. Parking caravans or pitching tents is not permitted. Damage to the property or linings of swimming pools as a result of the fault or abuse (wilful, negligent or otherwise) of the tenants will be fully charged including cost of replacing a liner and consequential loss re future lettings. Tenants must not touch or interfere with any pool equipment or materials or similar equipment. Tenants must not enter the barns. Tenants are expected to behave in a circumspect manner at all times & to abide by any house rules.
Updated 12th February 2017